Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cedar Plank Salmon on the Big Green Egg

Sockeye Salmon on sale at Byerly's means it's my first attempt with cedar plank salmon on the big green egg.

I let the plank soak overnight in water. I cut the filet into 3 serving sized pieced and used Paul Prudhomme salmon magic on the salmon.


I fired up the BGE to 400 degrees and stabilized the temperature. Put the plank on the egg and let it heat up a little. Once it was on the edge of steaming and smoking I placed the salmon the planks.

Closed the lid and left alone for 15 minutes.

After 15 the salmon was perfect.


Plated and served with a little rice and corn and it was just what I hoped it would be. A little hint of cedar mixed with the salmon.

Next up: Replacing the gasket on the egg

1 comment:

  1. I do hope you are not done bloggimg...

    July should have been the nest time to cook with your egg...


    Greetings. This is my first time on your blog, but you have a terrific one. I am always on the look out for new blogs, new ideas. I especially appreciate all the details you do,

    I am asking, would you please consider posting a few of your favorite recipes on erecipecards.com
    http://erecipecards.com/

    It is a tool for bloggers to see and to be seen. Your posts would fit in perfectly.

    in addition, all photos, recipe titles as well as your blog name would link directly back to your blog. Thus giving you new attention and potentially new readers.

    Or, if you just want to take a look at a lot of fellow food bloggers all in one place. A great learning experience to get ideas about how to establish your own blogging voice!


    Please take a look. If you have any ideas or questions, please do not hesitate to write

    Dave
    http://erecipecards.com/
    Contact@eRecipeCards.com

    ReplyDelete